By Maddie Day
The weather is too hot for hot soup, so Robbie serves this creamy refreshing cold soup at lunch in Strangled Eggs and Ham. It’s fast and easy. Enjoy!
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and chopped
½ cup roughly chopped fresh dill
2 cups buttermilk
½ teaspoon kosher salt, more if needed
- Dash habanero sauce
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, more if needed
- Combine all soup ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Refrigerate in a covered container for at least 2 hours.
- The soup can be refrigerated for longer than two hours, but be sure to give it a shake before serving as it tends to settle the longer it sits.
- Adjust seasonings before serving.
While Robbie scrambles through breakfast orders for her expanding clientele at Pans ‘N Pancakes, tempers run as high as the sticky August heat in South Lick, Indiana. Real-estate developer Fiona Closs plans to build a towering luxury resort at one of the most scenic hilltops in Brown County, and not everyone can see the sunny side of the imposing proposition—including Robbie’s furious Aunt Adele, who doesn’t waste a minute concocting protests and road blockades. When tensions boil over and a vocal protester is silenced forever at the resort site, Robbie ditches the griddle to catch the killer. But if slashed tires are any indication, she’ll need to crack this case before her own aunt gets served something deadly next . . .