Business Data Analyst
Kensington Publishing Corp. is seeking a Business Data Analyst to join our team. Reporting to our VP & General Manager, the Analyst will support the marketing and sales teams on a broad range of activities, including strategic analysis, pricing, and marketing ROI evaluation. The Analyst will be a critical thinker responsible for gathering and analyzing large amounts of data from multiple sources and presenting it in a simple and succinct way. This is an excellent opportunity for an inquisitive person who loves extrapolating the most important information from large amounts of sales and financial data and making positive recommendations to directly help grow an agile independent business.
- Working with the IT department to create useful and actionable reporting to:
- Develop key sales insights across book formats
- Identify trends within our publishing list and the marketplace
- Analyze retail channel performance
- Reviewing available reporting from marketing campaigns and making data-driven recommendations
- Reviewing and making recommendations regarding digital pricing strategy
- Using sales data and trends to make recommendations regarding new title acquisitions and backlist reissues
- Providing support for budgeting and forecasting
- Creating and distributing regular reporting to key stakeholders
- Strategic Projects on an ad hoc basis
- Undergraduate degree or the quantitative / analytical equivalent
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) with an emphasis on Excel including pivot tables and VLOOKUP’s
- Ability to transform large data sets into easy to read and interpret tables, graphs, presentations, etc.
- A team-player who can work well across a broad range of departments and personalities
- Ability to work on multiple projects and competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong communication & people skills
About Our Company:
Founded in 1974, Kensington Publishing Corp. is located in New York City and is known as “America’s Independent Publisher.” It remains a multi-generational family business, with Steven Zacharius succeeding his father as Chairman, President and CEO, and Adam Zacharius as Vice-President and General Manager. As the foremost independent commercial publishing house in the United States providing hardcover, trade paperback, mass market, and digital releases, Kensington publishes the books that America wants to read.
The house of New York Times bestselling authors, including Fern Michaels, Lisa Jackson, Joanne Fluke, William W. Johnstone, and many others, Kensington publishes over 500 fiction and non-fiction titles each year. Its diverse imprints – Kensington Books, Zebra, Pinnacle, Dafina, Citadel Press and Lyrical Press – are well known for providing readers with a range of popular genres such as thrillers, romance, historical fiction, cozy mysteries and non-fiction, as well as true-crime, western, and commercial fiction titles.