What's a girl to do when love has her caught up?
That's the plight of eighteen-year-old Seven McKnight. Her freshman year at Stiles University turned out to be a tug of war for her heart and her sophomore year promised more of the same. Just when she'd sworn off her ex-boyfriend, Josiah Whitaker, and thought she'd never love him again, he boldly stepped back into her life, with no regard that she'd moved on with Zaire St. James, her new boyfriend.
Caught off guard and thrust into a whirlwind of emotion, Seven no longer knows if she should stay or go. . . All she knows is that old feelings won't die, her new love is being ruined by lies, and the fairy tale she once dreamed of may never become her true story.
Praise for Ni-Ni Simone
"Smart and cutting, full of clever comebacks." --Kirkus on No Boyz Allowed
"This is creative, innovative, and important storytelling for today's urban teen readership." --Library Journal on Teenage Love Affair
1. What did you think of Zaire and Seven’s relationship?
Do you think he allowed her to be herself? Why or why
not? Do you know someone in a relationship where
they feel closed in?
2. Do you think that Seven tried to be honest with Zaire
and he wasn’t listening? Why or why not? Can you ever
really make someone listen to you?
3. Do you think that Josiah should have admitted to Seven
how he felt about her, knowing that she had a boyfriend?
Why or why not? Is it ever right to confess your feelings
to someone if they are in a relationship?
4. What did you think of Seven’s mother not liking Zaire?
Did she have a right to not like him?
5. What did you think of the things Zaire used to say about
Seven’s friends? Should he have said those things? Do
you know someone who does that?
6. Do you think that Shae was too bossy? Why or why not?
Do you have a friend like that?
7. What did you think of Seven cheating on Zaire? Do you
think it made a difference that she cheated on him with
Josiah versus someone else?
8. Are you team Josiah or team Zaire? Why?
9. What did you think of Seven’s relationship with her
mother? Is your mother similar to Seven’s? If not, do
you know someone like that?
10. If you could write your own ending, what would it be?