From New York Times
bestselling author Mary B. Morrison comes
the sizzling tale of two friends and the provocative bet that forever
changes their lives. Now, with their futures up in the air, who will
play one vengeful game too many? And who will wish she wasn’t left
I’m the wife Madison’s husband really deserves. Why won’t she let him go? Nursing
wealthy businessman Chicago DuBois back to health was the least Loretta
Lovelace figured she could do. After all, it was her bet that made
Madison the object of a crazed stalker’s affections and put Chicago at
death’s door. With Madison’s marriage on the rocks, Loretta couldn’t
resist looking after Chicago’s interests and reigniting his passion for
life. But now Madison wants to take back what’s no longer hers. . .
I’ve got a fresh chance to start over. But letting Loretta walk away with my old life—that’s not going to happen.
Madison’s life was perfect before Loretta introduced her to Granville
Washington and initiated the bet that ruined Madison’s reputation and
marriage. Now with a baby on the way and a family empire to save,
Madison knows it’s past time to make some tough decisions. To get her
life back on track, she’ll have to settle the score with Loretta and
deal with Sindy Singleton, another woman who’s trying to make a play for
Chicago. But this spoiled beauty has just the plan to handle her
competition, her stalker, and her straying husband. . .
1. What do you believe is Madison’s motivation for taking Roosevelt
off the respirator? Under her circumstances, what would
you have done? Why?
2. Give an example where a character feels another character is
wrong, but the character who is pissed off has done the same
exact thing to someone else in the story. Do you know people
who have done this as well?
3. Does Tisha have an obligation to tell her husband that she is
pregnant? Under the circumstances, should Darryl (or any
man) have any control over whether or not a woman has an
4. Do you believe Loretta is a lesbian? Is she in love with Madison
or just jealous of Madison?
5. Do you feel Chicago unconditionally loves Madison? Is Madison
in love with Chicago? Should they stay together? Or should
6. Is Sindy Singleton the woman for Chicago? Or does she have a
7. What’s the deal with Raynard? Why did he wait so long to turn
over the videotape of the shooting? Why didn’t the tape help
convict Granville? Should Raynard and Loretta reunite?
8. Who is ultimately responsible for Chicago being shot?
9. Do you feel Rosalee knows her husband is a cheater? Assuming
she does, why is she still married to him? Is infidelity a justification
for divorce? Would you vote in favor of divorce becoming
10. Based on testimonies from Loretta, Madison, Chicago, and
Chaz, do you believe the judge made the right decision in declaring
a mistrial? Why?
11. If you saw a man with an amazing body, would you think he’s
an ex-con? Do you believe women fall for attractive men and
seldom question their backgrounds? Would you marry an excon
if you were friends with him/her before he/she was convicted?
12. How many happily married couples do you know? What do you
believe makes their marriage successful?
13. Are you happy that Madison’s baby was fathered by Chicago?
Or would you have preferred Granville as the father? Do you
think Granville would’ve been a good dad? Would you have his