Keith’s on guitar, Charlie’s on drums, and Ronnie’s on rhythm. But who’s on drugs?
Welcome to the red-eyed world of rock and roll, where every riff comes with a spliff—a coked-up compendium of your favorite musicians and their favorite drugs. Loaded with sordid tales of debauchery, lists, and bleary-eyed photos, there’s more stuff in here than in one of Snoop Dogg’s favorite brownies, including:
- The Top Ten Albums to Tweak to
- The Top Ten Rock Star Drug Quotes
- The Top Ten Drug Busts in Rock
- Extreme acid casualties
- Outrageous drug stories of rock legends
- The secret history of Dylan and drugs
- Henry Rollins and Frank Zappa: How to act like you’re on drugs without actually doing any
- And the answer to the ever popular rock and roll drug question, “Who gave the Beatles their first hits of acid?” (Their dentist!)
So put on your favorite CD, don’t try the green acid, and enjoy!
Note: Pages are not suitable for rolling papers.
R. U. Sirius (aka Ken Goffman) is the co-editor of 10 Zen Monkeys and the host of two weekly podcasts, “The R.U. Sirius Show” and “Neo-Files with R. U. Sirius.” He has worked as a columnist for ArtForum International and The San Francisco Examiner. He has written for Time, Esquire, Wired, and Boing Boing. He is the author of CounterCulture Through the Ages: From Abraham to Acid House, How to Mutate and Take Over the World, and The CyberPunk Handbook, and co-author of Design for Dying with Timothy Leary. He lives in Mill Valley, California.