From One Black Woman To Another…
Good health doesn't come in a prescription bottle. In fact, all you need to start feeling better is an open mind, a new attitude, and this remarkable, one-of-a-kind book. In Like A Natural Woman, Ziba Kashef, a Senior Editor and Health Writer at Essence magazine, brings you a comprehensive guide to alternative techniques and therapies that can put you on the road to wellness. Drawing on her interviews with a variety of alternative health practitioners, as well as the time-tested folk remedies of our African ancestors and exciting new methods that address the unique health issues of black women, she gives you the tools you need to cope with everything from PMS, weight problems, and diabetes, to hypertension, Lupus, cancer.
Learn how to:
- Ease the discomfort of morning sickness and digestive problems…with vitamins, supplements, and teas
- Shrink fibroids by taking a combination of herbs…and avoid surgery
- Satisfy your taste for soul food…without all the fat and salt
- Control the symptoms of menopause…the right diet, exercise, and soy supplements work wonders
- Boost your immune system to fight disease…alternative approaches like hydrotherapy and acupuncture enhance conventional treatments
- Harness the healing power of touch…massage and acupressure are great for your body—and your spirit
- Handle your depression…by replacing prescription drugs with yoga and meditation
And much more!
It's time to regain control of your body and your life. Like A Natural Woman takes you on a profound healing journey. You'll not only feel—and look—like a new woman, but you'll create a sense of personal balance and well-being that will last a lifetime!
Includes Real Stories From Women Who Got Healthy, The Natural Way!