by Rebecca Zanetti
1. You find yourself rewriting somebody’s dialogue during your conversation with them at a barbeque.
2. You’re at a workshop or class, and the instructor tries to get everyone to move up to the front…and you try to sneak out the back door. Going to the front gives you hives.
3. You can have a perfectly reasonable conversation at a busy restaurant about the best way to dispose of a body without having to use any chemicals.
4. You can have a perfectly reasonable conversation at lunch with your pal Joanna Wylde on synonyms for the word penis.
5. Your husband asks you, just every once in a while, which voice in your head is talking out loud right now?
6. You ask your spouse if he will flip you over his head, turn left, and still be able to shoot you with his right hand, and his response is: “Well, I could last time.”
7. Somebody tells you about a recent murder in the news, and your response is: “That’s not how I would’ve done it.”
8. You get in a good natured argument with a fan because they think they know your hero better than you do, and after they talk for a while, you realize they kind of do.
9. Your idea of research is a full day of watching Supernatural because the writing and characterization is just awesome and not because you’re a Dean girl. Right.
10. You’re still bothered by the ending to Three Weddings and a Funeral because Hugh ended up with the wrong girl. (Totally should’ve been his best friend who was in love with him. Just sayin.)
Publishers Weekly praised the Deep Ops series as exploding “with action, spice and humor,” while Booklist promised that “fans of J. D. Robb and Karen Robards will love Zanetti’s series.” In this fourth installment, New York Times bestselling author Zanetti mixes high-octane action with even more intense romantic tension as two misfit operatives in a secretive Homeland Defense department chase down a diabolical serial killer.
Unswerving: Angus Force is determined to hunt down the serial killer he’d once shot dead–or so he thought. But an anonymous source reports that Lassiter is alive. Force hasn’t slept since, knowing it’s only a matter of time before “the Surgeon” strikes again. And soon, a body is found, bearing Lassiter’s same maniacal MO. It’s just the beginning of a murderous trail blazing through D.C. and Virginia, right to Force’s backyard…
Unstoppable: Nari Zhang is the shrink for the ragtag Deep Ops Unit, though she isn’t Force’s shrink–which is a very good thing. Because once they’re thrown together on the case, their attraction is explosive and irresistible. They’ll just have to fight that much harder to keep the heat between them from flaming out of control. But things are about to become far more challenging, and deadly, than they could have imagined…
Unhinged: Once the killer catches a glimpse of Nari, she becomes his new obsession. She is now the focus point–for both Force and Lassiter–in a dangerous dance for survival…