Coffee, Books, and More store owner and intrepid amateur sleuth Jill Gardner has your go-to guide for making Mother’s Day special.
As owner of Coffee, Books, and More, I’m always asked about appropriate gifts for Mother’s Day. I find out a lot about my customers and their family in the process. It’s not that I’m nosy, it’s just you need to know the woman a little, before you can suggest a gift.
That being said, I hope this list helps you think about what the perfect gift for your mother could be.
Book themed ideas…
- Pay her favorite author to use her name as a character in an upcoming book
- Make a scrapbook of family pictures
- Take her to your favorite bookstore for an afternoon of book shopping and coffee
- Buy her a brand-new box of crayons (64 or more) and a coloring book
- Buy her an e-reader with a gift card for books
- Tickets to a concert
- Weekend at South Cove’s Bed and Breakfast
- Spa package for two
- Mother-Daughter trip
- A promise of time
- A mother’s ring
- A photo bracelet
- A cover bracelet with her favorite book series
From your heart…
- Trip to the nursery to pick out new plants – and an afternoon of planting
- Cleaning her flower beds
- Something homemade
- Help with her pets – Grooming day – Trip to Vet…
- Relive a childhood memory
- Name a star or foster an African or zoo animal
Food related (my favorite gifts…)
- Dinner out – her choice
- Tea Party at a place like Tea Hee
- Subscription box or fruit of the month
These are some of my favorite ideas to suggest. I hope they got you thinking about what would be the best gift you could give the woman who raised you.
Happy Mother’s Day, all!