Fern Michaels invites you to try your hand at two delicious dishes that will be perfect for any Christmas Eve dinner.
- 2 large eggplants, peeled and sliced ¼ inch think
- 3 cups Italian-flavored breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 8oz tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup olive oil
- Mix eggs and milk in a bowl.
- Mix breadcrumbs and half the parmesan cheese, parsley, and oregano in a different bowl
- Heat olive oil to medium in a frying pan.
- Dip eggplant in egg batter and dredge through breadcrumb mixture
- Place eggplant in frying pan and brown on both sides. Remove from oil and place on paper towels and let cool.
- Mix/whip ricotta cheese and remaining ingredients (except mozzarella) together
- Begin stacking:
- 1 slice of eggplant, spread 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture on eggplant; add another slice of eggplant; top with a spoon of tomato sauce and a tablespoon of mozzarella
- Repeat until you have 3-4 slices of eggplant per stack
- Once assembled, bake in 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes until cheese melts.
HERBED HALIBUT STEAKS
TOMATOES WITH ONIONS, CORN, ROASTED ASPARAGUS
- 2 halibut steaks (1 steak per person)
- 3 tablespoons basil paste—buy in tube or make by crushing basil with a little olive oil
- 3 tablespoons parsley paste—buy in tube or make by crushing parsley with a little olive oil
- 1 16oz can plum tomatoes—drained
- ¼ cup grated cheese—parmesan or Romano
- 2-3 cloves garlic—minced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flavored breadcrumbs
- 1 package frozen asparagus
- 1 package frozen/canned corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brush halibut steaks with 1 tablespoon each of parsley and basil paste, sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake in over for 18-20 minutes.
- Add the asparagus to the pan during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
While fish is cooking:
- Saute garlic and onion in a little olive oil
- Add tomatoes, corn, grated cheese, remaining basil and parsley paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
The Sisterhood: a group of women from all walks of life bound by friendship and a quest for justice. Armed with vast resources, top-notch expertise, and a loyal network of allies around the globe, the Sisterhood will not rest until every wrong is made right.
It’s been three months since Countess Annie de Silva slipped away from her home before dawn, leaving a cryptic note and no clue as to her destination. That’s an eternity for friends as devoted as the Sisterhood. Now they’re desperate to ensure that their founding member is alive and well, and that means tracking her down—wherever in the world she might be.